What's Been Playin?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Baker's Dozen

Spent most of the morning and some of the afternoon baking the evil Christmas cookies (something I've not done for a while). Seems odd not having a couple of frosty beverages while I'm doing it (well, I did go for a couple of pints at lunch) but worse yet, it's odd to be doing it alone. No crisis in the kitchen, no feuding over recipes and decorating. Fuck, I miss that.

Anyhow, just waiting for the last couple of dozen to come out of the oven. And, actually listening to some seasonal music (maybe I had more than two at lunch).

Recommended seasonal listening (if you must):

Vince Guaraldi's Trio, Charlie Brown Christmas &

Tuck Andress's guitar excellence on Hymns, Carols, and Songs about Snow.


Peace!

2 comments:

Lex said...

I made eggnog this year. The French have never heard of it.

Unknown said...

Aren't you worried about Salmonellosis (since I'm assuming you had to use raw eggs). Anyhow, I guess if you put enough rum into it it should kill off any baddies.